Wednesday 28 February 2018

You Never See A Poor Bookie


In January 2015 I took redundancy , and kept busy at Geek Talent and Oxfam before landing a new job. I still had a decent chuck of reduncy money left and thought I would indulge myself on paying for horse racing tips. Basically the advice was that you bet 10% of your pot and you make lots of money ..... so they say. Anyway the cost of this tipster was £100 a month, but I set aside £500 to play with and if I lost it then it would stop. The cost of the tips was factored into my trial , but the advertised earnings looked too good to be true.

The first few weeks went fairly well and at one point I was £300 in profit , but then things started to fall apart. One of the problems was that the tips were at odds of evens or less, which meant if you lost a bet then it would take two more wins to get back on track (this is one one bet a day). The other thing is that you need to bet at least £50 at those odds to have a reasonable return. Anyway they seemed to be getting more desperate but tempted me back with one final month for £50. The first week seemed to be back on track then back to the usual failures. At this point including the £250 I'd paid for the service I was £350 down on the trial , so hadn't hit the £500 loss limit I had set myself.

Then I found FreeRacingTips

Free Racing Tips

These lot actually give away a free each way tip every day (today's lost) , but have a few plans for £9 a month , which is very reasonable., so I decided to give these lot a try, to see if I could actually make a go of this. I went for their lucky 15 , which is a combination of four bets , and I do a bit of rearranging , but  you can do this with  small outlay. Anyway I've been using them for about three weeks now and had a lot of days where I've got nothing but some days with good returns. My bets are around £25 a day, and I promised I would right a review of their service if they took me back into profit. Well it's been creeping up very slowly but going in the right direction. Last week on two days I got £100  and another couple of days had £20 - £30. Yesterday I took £100  , then today three bets have won , which was looking good, but went on to Betfair to see how it was going and had an option to cash out with the final horse remaining - my cash out option was £300. I didn't have to think about that one as that has taken my betting trial well into profit.

My Shot of the Finishof the 2010 Epsom Derby
The beauty of these guys is that their tips, when they win, bring is a good return. That means your bets are smaller , so when you do lose, which you will do , more often than not, it doesn't really bother you, because the wins pay excellent returns. I've corresponded with them and they seem really good people. If you combine them with a Betfair account then it's possible to make a bit of money on the side.

Just remember that as soon as you make a bet it's in the bookies pocket, and never bet what you can't afford to throw away.

No comments:

Post a Comment